From cash services to modern digital payment services
24Money’s history begins in 1990 with an office in Gallerian in Stockholm offering foreign exchange and cash services over the counter. As society and times changed, so did our vision.
Our new concept was born in 2012 as a response to the urgent transition from cash to digital payment services. 24Money’s concept is based on a comprehensive range of scalable and affordable services in turn based on customer needs today and tomorrow. One and the same financial offer, regardless of country or currency, around the clock.
The customer is offered by customized and customer-focused solutions, which, while competing with traditional banking services, create more opportunities for more customers. Modern financial services both in vision and reality.
Our journey towards where we stand today began in August 2012 when the company became a registered payment service provider. Operations are based in Uppsala, Solna and Karlstad. We are now ready to take the next step with the firm belief that competition in the banking and banking-related services needs to be strengthened and services must evolve and be made available to all!
Each milestone has been vital to our progress, but it is only now in the spring of 2016 that 24Money are ready to take up the fight for future banking-related payment services using the whole strength and dynamism of our platform.
- April 2016: 24Money launches the service 24Money Account as an alternative to bank account-based payments.
- December 2015: The first payment service agents – 24Money Agents – join.
- November 2015: Our system platform – 24Money Agent System – is launched and functions as part of the system support for affiliated payment service agents.
- October 2015: Business volumes grow rapidly why the company applies for permission to become an electronic money institution.
- October 2015: The FSA authorizes additional registration of payment services as part of the operation’s broader service base.
- June 2015: The FSA authorizes additional registration of payment services for 24Money.
- January 2014: Development of 24Money’s system platform for cloud services is commenced.
- October 2013: The FSA grants 24Money Spar AB license to become a registered deposit business.
- February 2012: The concept 24Money is created with the vision of the future payment services.
- November 1990: The first office opens in Gallerian in Stockholm, where foreign exchange and cash services are offered over the counter.